Search This Blog

Stones on the Beach

Jul 30, 2012

This is a photo taken at the magnificent stone beaches of Jæren on the southwest coast of Norway. It was a rainy evening with a quite rough sea and strong wind.
Another long exposure from a stone beach along the west coast of the Oslofjord. This fabulous black stone is for some reason almost flat in contrast to all the other round shaped rocks on the beach.
This photo could probably have been captured anywhere by the sea. And that is precisely what I like about it. It is universal and reduced to the two key elements: ocean and sky. This abstraction I find particularly appealing and I keep coming back to it.This evening was quiet and calm. Some lazy swells were rolling onto the shore but the flat sea still had an almost metallic reflection of the sky.
I hope some of you like this capture as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive