Search This Blog

Enough with the Subscribe Suggestions, Facebook

Jun 10, 2012

Dear Facebook,

Almost every time I go to Facebook you suggest people for me to subscribe to. I obviously do not want to subscribe to anyone and especially the people you think I would want to. I have 0 subscriptions and plan to keep it that way. And why is it that nine times out of ten you are recommending harlots, hussies and bimbos.

When I look for a reason, you give me this explanation.
Hear from interesting people
You've always been subscribed to friends. Now you can hear from journalists, celebrities, political figures and other people too. Click the Subscribe button on someone's profile to get their public updates in your News Feed. Find people to subscribe to.
I would be more interested in seeing which journalists and political figures you think I would be interested in but no such persons have been provided.

Perhaps the motivation for this feature design is supposed to emulate a service similar to that of Twitter and allow Facebook to take into that market. Or maybe there is a possibility of a profit being made similar to ads.

So far I have just been ignoring the entire right most region of the facebook pages, which means I don't see the ads or any legitimate recommendations that might apply to me which is a shame but sacrifices must be made.


Sincerely,
Me.

P.S. As i mentioned above, nine times out of ten.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive